About this Blog

I oftentimes find myself feeling as if I am drowning in a sea of brokenness. Financial strains, familial tensions, and the like, oftentimes distract me from who I am in Christ, and furthermore, what I am called to do as His servant. Scripture repeatedly teaches that a part of my calling is to offer up my body as a living sacrifice, and this includes giving thanks for the blessings in my life to the loving God who bestows them. My life needs to be one of joy, one that actively pursues beauty and appreciates all things, even those that are commonly overlooked.
With this blog, I hope to take myself and anyone who reads it on a journey in which each and every day I find something to do, or see, or make that is beautiful and can be deeply appreciated. Then, I will give the beauty I find as an offering of praise and thanks to the Lord by writing about it here on this blog. Check back each day for a new post! I hope that what you read here will inspire you to appreciate life more and actively pursue the beauty that surrounds you, even in the midst of brokenness.

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

R-E-S-T



Hello friends!

It has been a long time since I last posted on my blog, but I feel like it is time to resurrect it. The purpose of this blog is to remind myself {and whoever reads it!} of the small yet beautiful gifts God gives me each and every day. Ever since graduating from college a couple months ago, my life has been on a roller coaster, and I often times find it difficult to be grateful.

A couple of years ago, when I was going through a real tough time with things at home, this blog gave me hope. Well, the Bible gave me Hope, but this blog gave me a conduit to articulate it. I would wake up each morning, filled with wonder at what I could be thankful for that day. It was such a marvelous blessing in the midst of trial.

So, here I am, a college graduate, working my way through relationships, jobs, finances, and a completely different pace of life. It is time I make my Daily Offering once again. :)


Today's offering is simple: I am so incredibly grateful for a good night's sleep.

I have not been sleeping well recently, and it wasn't until last night that I was able to go to bed at a good time and wake up early to start my day. I woke up thanking God for genuine rejuvenating rest, something I have been deprived of for a while. I was able to make a yummy breakfast, read my Bible, and work on the various tasks I had for the day {one of which was meeting up with a friend at California Adventure! -- difficult stuff, I know ;)}. With out a good night's rest, today would have been simply draining; instead, it was energizing!

Lord, thank you for rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment