About this Blog

I oftentimes find myself feeling as if I am drowning in a sea of brokenness. Financial strains, familial tensions, and the like, oftentimes distract me from who I am in Christ, and furthermore, what I am called to do as His servant. Scripture repeatedly teaches that a part of my calling is to offer up my body as a living sacrifice, and this includes giving thanks for the blessings in my life to the loving God who bestows them. My life needs to be one of joy, one that actively pursues beauty and appreciates all things, even those that are commonly overlooked.
With this blog, I hope to take myself and anyone who reads it on a journey in which each and every day I find something to do, or see, or make that is beautiful and can be deeply appreciated. Then, I will give the beauty I find as an offering of praise and thanks to the Lord by writing about it here on this blog. Check back each day for a new post! I hope that what you read here will inspire you to appreciate life more and actively pursue the beauty that surrounds you, even in the midst of brokenness.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

TPW

Sometimes he drives me absolutely insane. But deep down, I know that I love him like a brother. Which would explain why sometimes he drives me absolutely insane; brothers do that.

I've known Truman since he was six years old. I was eight when we met. Our dad's knew each other from work, and our families moved to Washington from Kentucky together to plant a church. We have, for all intensive purposes, grown up together.

Why am I thankful for Truman? Great question. I'm thankful for him because I know that I can be myself around him. I can talk about the things in my life that cause me pain and those things which make me rejoice. I don't have to act like anyone but myself around him, and sometimes 'myself' can be tired and cranky. I'm sure, at times, I've bothered him with my attitude just as much as he has bothered me with his, but I know that we care for each other like family, and that bond can never break, no matter how annoying the other gets at times.

I feel very blessed to have the friendship God has given me with Truman. He is my oldest friend. Having moved around a lot growing up, I've never had friendships last longer than just a couple to few years. But, with Truman, we have been friends for 12 years, and for that I am truly thankful.

Thank you, Lord, for Truman P. Whitaker. Thank you that we are friends, and that even though through our friendship we have come to know each other's flaws, we have also come to truly know and appreciate the other's wonderful qualities. Truman loves his country (he recently enlisted himself for the United States Marine Corps), his family (even though sometimes he picks on his siblings haha), and God. Thank you for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment