About this Blog

I oftentimes find myself feeling as if I am drowning in a sea of brokenness. Financial strains, familial tensions, and the like, oftentimes distract me from who I am in Christ, and furthermore, what I am called to do as His servant. Scripture repeatedly teaches that a part of my calling is to offer up my body as a living sacrifice, and this includes giving thanks for the blessings in my life to the loving God who bestows them. My life needs to be one of joy, one that actively pursues beauty and appreciates all things, even those that are commonly overlooked.
With this blog, I hope to take myself and anyone who reads it on a journey in which each and every day I find something to do, or see, or make that is beautiful and can be deeply appreciated. Then, I will give the beauty I find as an offering of praise and thanks to the Lord by writing about it here on this blog. Check back each day for a new post! I hope that what you read here will inspire you to appreciate life more and actively pursue the beauty that surrounds you, even in the midst of brokenness.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mission Accomplished!

The Mission Statement of Biola University goes like this:
"The mission of Biola University is biblically centered education, scholarship and service—equipping men and women in mind and character to impact the world for the Lord Jesus Christ."
Today, at work, my manager and I got into a discussion about the existence of God and the validity of Christianity. He's a self-proclaimed Atheist, and asked me the oh-so-graceful question:
"Who created f***ing God??"
With that, I was able to tell him that no one created God; rather, God created time itself, and has been living for eternity's past. I told him that, yes, this is confusing, and that it's hard for our finite minds to understand the infinite God. We then proceeded to talk about some other things, but he wasn't looking for a dialogue, only a debate.

As I was driving home, I was just so grateful for the education I am receiving at Biola, where I am honestly being equipped in mind and character to impact the world for the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thank you, Lord, for the education you are blessing me with. Also, thank you for giving me times of challenging dialogues with people who don't believe in you, so that I may use what I am learning for the advance of your Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment